Audio & Video Services in Santa Barbara
Service So Good You Laugh About It
Laughlin Electric has 30 years of experience providing expert audio and video services in Santa Barbara. We invest in our employees and community with a company centered around employee growth and happy clients. It’s easy to do hard work when you care about going above and beyond with every job. Your home has many audio and video components, from your TV to speakers, and you may be thinking about adding a home theater or outdoor system for even better entertaining. Our skilled electricians are prepared for any service you may need.
You’ll only stop laughing when we walk away. Schedule your estimate by calling us at (805) 590-0820 or filling out our online contact form.
Adding a Home Theater
When you want to see a new movie without the uncomfortable seats and overpriced snacks, consider adding a home theater for the movie theater experience without leaving home. We focus on three significant aspects of your home theater: the projector, surround sound, and dimmable lights. Let us help create your ideal space to watch movies with our expert audio and video services in Santa Barbara.
Home theaters continue to become increasingly popular in our community. Laughlin Electric is here for you with expert audio and video services in Santa Barbara so you can create your dream theater. We go above and beyond for every one of our customers because it’s easy to work hard when you care.
We used Laughlin Electric to install StarLink satellite and assemble the wiring in a neat and efficient manner. I cannot say enough about these men who are friendly, polite, and well-educated in their field. We will use them again in the future!- Cynthi B.
We called Laughlin for an urgent electrical issue that had left half of our kitchen nonfunctional. They came within a couple of hours, right at the promised time. Lucas was incredibly professional, courteous, and knowledgeable and quickly fixed our problem- Zadok S.
The technicians were both very professional, knowledgeable, and efficient while being very nice, clean, and organized inside our home. I’ve had several electricians in the past and these were the most experienced I’ve seen by far.- Heather W.
Laughlin sent Kurt out to add an outlet for my detached garage. He went above and beyond, explaining every aspect of his work to me. He even helped me find a new Tesla charger to install.- Antonio A.
Eamon at Laughlin Electric routed new ethernet cables in our house. He was professional, efficient, and knowledgeable. Now our bedroom looks a lot less cluttered and organized with our new cables. Thanks for all your help!- Nicole G.
We called Laughlin Electric to have power run to our motor home. They responded quickly and sent an amazing tech, Andy Hanson. Andy was very friendly and professional. The work was completed efficiently and the price was fair.- Savannah F.
The Laughlin team are exceptional at what they do the dedication to excellence and job completion is second to none. I have hired multiple companies over the years and their customer focus is spot on.- Tim M.
I had a great experience with Laughlin Electric. They arrived right on time and we discussed the issues I wanted solved. I received an estimate and agreed to the work which was done immediately. Highly recommend this service.- Helena B.
Steps to Build Your Home Theater
- Choose a space: Typically, your theater is in at least a 12×12 room, away from the main parts of the home. Perfect areas to watch a movie include your attic, basement, or spare bedroom. A room with minimal windows, closets, and doors is recommended for better soundproofing.
- Design the details: The rest of your home may have light-colored walls, but in your home theater, you should use dark shades that reduce light reflection from the screen. Also, consider using movie theater carpets or thick rugs for sound dampening. Use blackout curtains to cover any windows and use soft lighting like LED strips that are easy to dim when the movie starts.
- Screening options: You can use a projector and a screen for a traditional movie theater feel or a smart TV to easily switch between streaming services. Projectors and screens are often cheaper, creating a larger viewing area, but need to be connected to laptops or other devices that can make a mess of wires. Smart TVs offer a slightly smaller display, but switching between streaming services is easy and doesn’t require additional devices.
- Install surrounds sound & soundproofing: For the best sound during your movie, you want strong speakers throughout the room. You may also add acoustic panels on your walls to optimize audio quality and eliminate echoes. Also, consider how you will soundproof the room. You can use strong insulation behind the walls, soundproof drywall, or high-density vinyl lining to reduce the reverberations throughout your home.
- Add finishing touches: Your theater seating can make or break the movie experience in your home. You may look for traditional row seating, lounge chairs, large floor pillows, or couple seating such as two-person recliners. Then decorate the room with movie posters, a concession stand, or a bar to perfect your home movie experience.