Electrical Panel Installation in Santa Barbara
Comprehensive Electrical Solutions
Energy gets dispersed throughout your home from your electrical panel, which is responsible for your system’s safety. You may need an upgrade because of increased power needs or an outdated panel that is no longer up to electrical code. Whatever reason your electrical panel needs service, Laughlin Electric is here for you with expert electrical panel services in Santa Barbara. We have 30 years of experience providing service you can depend on.
What Are The Benefits of Upgrading Your Electrical Panel?
Is your electrical panel outdated or unable to handle the demands of your modern electrical system? It may be time to consider upgrading to a new electrical panel installation. At Laughlin Electric, we specialize in providing comprehensive electrical solutions in Santa Ynez and the surrounding areas.
Benefits of upgrading your electrical panel include:
- Improved electrical safety: An outdated electrical panel can pose serious safety hazards such as electrical fires and electrocution. Upgrading to a new panel will ensure that your home and family are protected.
- Increased electrical capacity: If you are experiencing frequent tripped breakers or power outages, it may be due to an overloaded electrical panel. Upgrading to a new panel with higher capacity will provide you with a reliable and efficient electrical system.
- Compatibility with modern technology: With the increasing use of smart devices and home automation systems, older electrical panels may not be equipped to handle the electrical demands of these technologies. A new panel installation will ensure compatibility and prevent any electrical issues.
- Energy efficiency: Newer electrical panels are designed to be more energy-efficient, resulting in potential savings on your monthly utility bills.
When Should You Upgrade Your Electrical Panel?
Your home should be your sanctuary for relaxation and safety with an electrical system you can trust. One of the main aspects of that system is the electrical panel that disperses and monitors energy requirements throughout your home.
You may not know when to upgrade your panel for better safety, so here are a few tips:
- Your panel is 25+ years old: The national electrical code gets updated every three years with new requirements. A home older than 25 years old is outdated, not up to today’s safety requirements, and lacks the number of outlets necessary for a fully functioning home.
- Lights dim when using appliances: Your aging circuits cannot handle the energy draw of today’s devices and can put your home at risk for an electrical fire if your lights are dimmed with high-energy accessories. Upgrading your panel can allow you to use appliances without losing light in your space.
- Lack of outlets: Older homes were not prepared for the technology we use today, so they often lack the proper amount of outlets today’s families require. If you’re constantly using extension cords in your home, you may be overloading your circuits, and you need more outlets in your space.
- The panel is warm to the touch: It needs immediate service if you smell burning or feel the heat from your electrical panel. This signifies that wires are damaged or exposed and can start a fire. Laughlin Electric provides expert electrical panel services in Santa Barbara that can help keep your home safe.
You can reach us at (805) 590-0820 to speak to a team member today about electrical panels and subpanels that work for your home.
We used Laughlin Electric to install StarLink satellite and assemble the wiring in a neat and efficient manner. I cannot say enough about these men who are friendly, polite, and well-educated in their field. We will use them again in the future!- Cynthi B.
We called Laughlin for an urgent electrical issue that had left half of our kitchen nonfunctional. They came within a couple of hours, right at the promised time. Lucas was incredibly professional, courteous, and knowledgeable and quickly fixed our problem- Zadok S.
The technicians were both very professional, knowledgeable, and efficient while being very nice, clean, and organized inside our home. I’ve had several electricians in the past and these were the most experienced I’ve seen by far.- Heather W.
Laughlin sent Kurt out to add an outlet for my detached garage. He went above and beyond, explaining every aspect of his work to me. He even helped me find a new Tesla charger to install.- Antonio A.
Eamon at Laughlin Electric routed new ethernet cables in our house. He was professional, efficient, and knowledgeable. Now our bedroom looks a lot less cluttered and organized with our new cables. Thanks for all your help!- Nicole G.
We called Laughlin Electric to have power run to our motor home. They responded quickly and sent an amazing tech, Andy Hanson. Andy was very friendly and professional. The work was completed efficiently and the price was fair.- Savannah F.
The Laughlin team are exceptional at what they do the dedication to excellence and job completion is second to none. I have hired multiple companies over the years and their customer focus is spot on.- Tim M.
I had a great experience with Laughlin Electric. They arrived right on time and we discussed the issues I wanted solved. I received an estimate and agreed to the work which was done immediately. Highly recommend this service.- Helena B.
Electrical Subpanel Uses
An electrical sub panel may have various uses in your home. A subpanel is a smaller version of your home’s main panel used for a particular area that could benefit from its control center.
These uses include:
- Mother-in-law cottages
- EV chargers
- Pools/hot tubs