Outlets & Switches in Santa Barbara
Update Your Home's Technology
The smaller components of your electrical system are often overlooked. Laughlin Electric will ensure that every part of your electrical system works properly with Santa Barbara outlet and switch technicians who can upgrade every aspect of your system. You may want to watch a movie or prefer to use task lighting instead of a larger overhead light. This is where dimmer switches come in to darken your room without you being completely unable to see the space around you. That way, you can enjoy a movie without tripping over something on the way to get popcorn.
Types of Light Switches
Choosing the ideal light switch for your space improves its functionality and convenience while upgrading the looks of the room.
Here are a few common types of light switches:
- Most homes are outfitted with traditional single or double-pole light switches. They're classic, inexpensive, and easy to use. Single pole light switches are the most commonly used switch and only have one hot wire. Double pole light switches operate similarly, except they have two hot wires and are usually used for higher energy applications like big appliances or machinery. In contrast, single-pole switches are used for almost anything.
- Switches can be paired with an outlet for a combination switch. If your room doesn't have enough outlets or they're not in easily accessible areas, adding a plug to an existing switch may be easier than installing an outlet.
- Have you ever entered a dark room and had to walk all the way across the space before being able to turn the light on? Three-way switches prevent this problem by being able to turn one light on from multiple locations. This is beneficial, so you don't have to enter a dark room or walk haphazardly through the space after turning the light off.
- Setting the mood in your home is much easier with dimmer switches that allow you to have a bright room for doing homework or a warmer tone for watching TV. Dimmer switches come in many designs but will always have a slider to adjust brightness and an on/off switch next to it. No matter what switch you're looking for, we provide high-quality outlets and switches in Santa Barbara for your home.
Laughlin Electric is the team to trust to update your home's technology because our service is so good you laugh about it. Call us today at (805) 590-0820 for a quote!
We used Laughlin Electric to install StarLink satellite and assemble the wiring in a neat and efficient manner. I cannot say enough about these men who are friendly, polite, and well-educated in their field. We will use them again in the future!- Cynthi B.
We called Laughlin for an urgent electrical issue that had left half of our kitchen nonfunctional. They came within a couple of hours, right at the promised time. Lucas was incredibly professional, courteous, and knowledgeable and quickly fixed our problem- Zadok S.
The technicians were both very professional, knowledgeable, and efficient while being very nice, clean, and organized inside our home. I’ve had several electricians in the past and these were the most experienced I’ve seen by far.- Heather W.
Laughlin sent Kurt out to add an outlet for my detached garage. He went above and beyond, explaining every aspect of his work to me. He even helped me find a new Tesla charger to install.- Antonio A.
Eamon at Laughlin Electric routed new ethernet cables in our house. He was professional, efficient, and knowledgeable. Now our bedroom looks a lot less cluttered and organized with our new cables. Thanks for all your help!- Nicole G.
We called Laughlin Electric to have power run to our motor home. They responded quickly and sent an amazing tech, Andy Hanson. Andy was very friendly and professional. The work was completed efficiently and the price was fair.- Savannah F.
The Laughlin team are exceptional at what they do the dedication to excellence and job completion is second to none. I have hired multiple companies over the years and their customer focus is spot on.- Tim M.
I had a great experience with Laughlin Electric. They arrived right on time and we discussed the issues I wanted solved. I received an estimate and agreed to the work which was done immediately. Highly recommend this service.- Helena B.
Advantages of USB Outlets
Traditional outlets are great, but many new devices no longer come with the block attachment necessary to plug the included USB cord into a three-prong outlet. This leaves you searching your home for an unused block or making it impossible to charge multiple devices simultaneously.
USB outlets stop this problem and include these other benefits:
- Faster charging
- Free up plugs
- Reduced dependence on adapters
USB outlets allow for faster charging without looking for or buying more three-prong adapters and up traditional plugs for lamps, fans, or other accessories. This also allows you to charge many appliances in one place instead of charging your phone in the living room, your activity watch in the kitchen, and your headphones in the bedroom. USB outlets are better suited for today's technology requirements.
Laughlin Electric provides expert services for outlets and switches in Santa Barbara that increase the functionality of your home. Stop dealing with outdated electrical components that no longer serve you; let us improve your space with our 30+ years of expertise.